The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph


My March sprint has started out strong. I’m well over the halfway point today and it is only the 15th. (Got to love those months with 31 days.)  The point, however, is not to get complacent.  I found out how much a sudden sickness can put you behind. I’m starting up a small side business as an editor for both short stories and novel length works. Keep in mind, my “aspiring authors” program is still free and in effect. I am offering a discount for young writers, which I define as being under 19 years old. Here are the details that I will also post permanently on my site.

Rate: $1.00/page (standard manuscript format, 12pt font, double spaced)
Special rate for writers under 19: $0.75/page.

Recommended Genres:
Fantasy (all kinds), Science Fiction, Historical Fiction
Other Genres I’ll Accept:
Mystery, Horror, General/Literary
Genres to Avoid:
Romance, Erotica, Self-Help

To submit, email me at thecanticlekingdom@gmail.com. When I request the manuscript please send it in .rtf, .doc, or .docx format.  It should have a common 12 pt font such as Arial or Times New Roman with 1 inch margins all around, and be double spaced. Manuscripts not formatted correctly may be sent back for reformatting.
Time Frame: The time frame is negotiable, depending on the length of the work.  Please give me as much time as possible before a deadline.


Stats:
Running Total: 136,221
Month to Date: 30.434
Yearly Percentage to Go: 77.2%

Writing Tip of the Week:

Hang in there. I had a hard day for writing and it happens to be my birthday. I got two rejections from markets that had looked very promising. It is so hard not to be discouraged, especially when publishers and agents offer no more than form letter and send you on your way. In order to combat this, I’m going to do four submissions today, double the number of rejections.

I firmly believe that rejections are not necessarily a reflection of your writing, but that publishing is a strange and twisted game of trying to match your supply with a demand. I will keep trying no matter what.

Writing Update:

I did the first recordings for “Canticle of Dawn” this week and it is going to be great. I’m getting the hang of being a narrator now, which helps a lot. I’m also narrating a further series on the same site called “The Adventures of Phineas Frakture”. It is a set in a world where automatons replaced slaves in our nation’s early history, averting the Civil War, and vastly changing the course of history.

I’m about 2/3 of the way through writing “Wandaful” and about a quarter of the way done on the third books of the Canticle Chronicles and the Last Archangel series. I’m also hard at work doing my final edit of the sequel to “The Canticle Kingdom” and am excited about letting that see the light of day soon.

If you want to listen to or read "Canticle of Night", please visit my page at http://www.bigworldnetwork.com/CanticleofNight.html

Total Pageviews