The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph

Thank you, David Belt, for inviting me to be part of #MyWritingProcess. You can find out more about David here:

http://www.unwillingchild.com/
or on Twitter: @CDavidBelt

“We writers share these things, but informally during workshops and at conferences (and, for a handful of established writers, in printed interviews), but not so much through our open-forum blogs. With the hashtag #MyWritingProcess, you can learn how writers all over the world answer the same four questions. How long it takes one to write a novel, why romance is a fitting genre for another, how one’s playlist grows as the draft grows, why one’s poems are often sparked by distress over news headlines or oddball facts learned on Facebook… “


1) What am I working on?
 I am currently working on a fantasy novel that takes place in the distant past of a novel I recently completed. This story connects in important ways to my other story, but you will not have to read one to understand the other. In this story, a lone kingdom remains in the world, held safe from destruction my a magical barrier that must be conjured day and night around the kingdom. 
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I believe that though it is a high fantasy story, it explores many different ideas, settings and characters that are not usually tackled in high fantasy. It is based completely on a mythology I created that will weave through the multiple books that should provide a more satisfying experience for the reader. 
3) Why do I write what I do?
 I have a very wild imagination. I've always been telling and enjoying fantasy and science fiction stories since I was a child, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It is very satisfying to see an entire world come to life directly from your imagination. 
4) How does my writing process work?
I start with a "fencepost" outline, which helps me know where I'm going without dictating everything I have to do. I then work through a first draft as fast as I can without going back much, and then do several revision passes, each time focusing on different things, such as dialogue, characters, and spelling/grammar. 
Here are the next three writers I've invited to participate: 

Total Pageviews