The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph



This is the second album for inspirational singer Calee Reed, but my first exposure to her. She has an exception voice that is a cross been gospel and folk. She reminded me a bit of other LDS singers such as Cherie Call. The album is only seven tracks, all of which had a bit of a different feel to it. I especially enjoyed track two, that talks about everyone as an in-progress work of art, that while it has some flaws (especially up close), is constantly improving. It had some clever lyrics and wordplay, along with a catchy tune.

Another interesting track was "Sunshine", which incorporated original lyrics with those of "There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today" to talk about the love of a mother for a daughter. The last track, Come, Unto Christ", I also found especially well done, and helped me feel much better when I was having a bad day.

Here's a little more about the album.

Description:
Calee Reed makes her mark as a thoughtful and exciting new voice in spiritual and inspirational music with this beautiful follow-up to her debut album. The folk pop sound on this album has hints of Gospel and forges a new exciting direction for her music. These songs will help you see and enjoy more in life, it’s the perfect album to keep you dancing and singing through the summer.
Track List:
  1. Living Water
  2. I Am Enough
  3. Possible
  4. Miraculous
  5. What Heaven Feels Like
  6. Sunshine
  7. Come Unto Christ

Calee Reed

A native of San Diego, CALEE REED has been writing and singing songs since she was a little girl. Her latest work shows her at her peak vocally and stylistically. She writes songs that capture raw emotion and vivid imagery, helping the listener tune into their own faith journey and find the peace and joy that she points out from her own experience. As a new mother, she makes poignant observations about the depth and meaning of the human experience, with all of its ups and downs. Her latest album is a heartfelt testimony that reflects the joy she has found in her journey.

Total Pageviews