The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph

I had no idea what to expect from this one when I picked it up, only that the cover brought me back to those Saturdays of my youth watching cartoons.  The book follows the exploits of "Hashbrown" and his fellow elementary school pals who all have descriptive nicknames.  I found myself chuckling and smiling at the zany situations they found themselves in and was impressed with the author's imaginative flair.  In which other book does the character seek help from the elementary school mafia boss, or seek advice from a person trapped in a locker for seven years?

It is a quick, fun read rife with fifth-grade style humour, and I would recommend it.  It looks like it is turning into a series.  The second book is already out and I hear the author is making headway on a third book.  I only hope someday that we get the zany cartoon version that my kids could watch on Saturday morning.

Total Pageviews