The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph

Having been a missionary, I know how hard it is to speak to stranger's about your beliefs. I got many doors slammed in my face. This “Memoir of Me and the Missionaries” gives me hope for missionaries everywhere. 

In this quick and engaging read, Dan Harrington provides a fascinating look into his experience of meeting with the LDS Missionaries. The writing is light and interesting and the experiences are inspiring without being preachy. Dan writes for a newspaper, and his experience shows in his easy, interesting style. An excellent read that supports understanding and open-mindedness.

Throughout the book, you get the impression of complete candor from the author.  Sometimes it’s funny and witty, while other times it is deeply insightful. I felt deeply moved by Dan’s struggles and triumphs and at once intensely grateful that he took the time to document the ups and downs in this path.

You can read more about Dan and his writing at his blog: http://authordanharrington.blogspot.com/p/book-reviews.html


One Response so far.

  1. Dan says:

    Thanks for the review, Mike! I'm glad you liked the story. I hadn't seen any books depict the friendship between missionaries and their investigators, and I hope it stands out among other LDS books.

Total Pageviews