The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph


Day 10 of NaNoWriMo and Day 3 of the Blog Hop. Thank you to all of you who have entered. I made slow and steady progress yesterday and finished with about 1,700 words. Some days are just busier than others.

The November Giveaway Hop continues. Please use the widget below to enter to win a choice of a signed copy of either of my novels. Please also consider entering my NaNoWriMo contest. You can find the widget by clicking on any other of my NaNoWriMo posts.

At the bottom of the post is a list of the other bloggers who are also giving away things. Enjoy!

Leaderboard:
1. Writer Mike 27,220 (as of November 10th)
2. Robin: 17. 133 (as of November 8th)
3. Misha: 3,398 (as of November 2nd)

Word Count:


27220 / 50000
(54.44%)

Writing Tip of the Day: Make sure that when deciding where to end chapters that you give it some suspense. You hear about some books which are "page turners", and much of that has to do with giving your readers a good reason to turn to the next page. If you end your chapter with your character's going to sleep or with nothing that leaves the reader with a question of what is going to happen next, your readers may very well stop turning your pages. Here some good ways to end:

  • End when a big decision has been made. 
  • End when some drastic action has been taken. 
  • End when something unexpected happens. 


Click on the blog post name to see the link list and the entry form.



2 Responses so far.

  1. Slogged my way to 22,904. Some days are a real battle.

    I liked today's tip. Ending chapters on "turning pages" is something I have to pay particular attention to. Your suggestions will come in handy!

    :)

  2. Unknown says:

    Thanks Robin. Keep pressing forward! And take a second to pat yourself on the back. You're doing really well.

Total Pageviews