Day 11 of NaNoWriMo and Day 4 of the Blog Hop. A special thanks to our veterans today, who defend our freedom of speech that allows us to pursue the crazy life of writing if we want to. My father, David Young, is a veteran of both gulf wars and served as an US Air Force officer for 25 years. To my father and all the millions of others who have served our country over the years, I salute you!
The November Giveaway Hop continues for one more day. Please use the widget below to enter to win a choice of a signed copy of either of my novels. Please also consider entering my NaNoWriMo contest. You can find the widget by clicking on any other of my NaNoWriMo posts.
At the bottom of the post is a list of the other bloggers who are also giving away things. Enjoy!
1. Writer Mike 29,359 (as of November 11th)
2. Robin: 22. 904 (as of November 11th)
3. Misha: 3,398 (as of November 2nd)
Writing Tip of the Day: Don't let one bad writing day get you down. All writers have them. It is so easy to miss one day and feel discouraged, especially during NaNoWriMo where a missed days means a lot of catching up to do.
If you find yourself without a lot of time to write in a day, here are a few things you can do to keep up your spirits:
- Write a little: even if it is only a few sentences. You'll be surprised how the difference between a little progress and no progress makes you feel.
- Brainstorm what is going to come next. If you are stuck in line at the grocery store, think about your plot and what needs to happen next. That way, when you can maximize your productivity when you do sit down to write.
- Keep a good perspective. It only takes one good day to make up for a bad one. That day could easily be tomorrow.
Click on the blog post name to see the link list and the entry form.