The Canticle

The Canticle Game Blog | Created By Www.BestTheme.Net

Followers

Networked Blogs

About Me

Questions or comments?

Reading Profiles

View my Shelfari profile

View my GoodReads profile

View my JacketFlap profile

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View My Writing Portfolio

Twitter Feed

Gospel Ideals

I Write for GospelIdeals.org

Kindlegraph


I’m very pleased to announce that I will be bringing The Frozen Globe to life this year, which will be the second book in The Canticle Chronicles.  Here’s a sneak peek at the cover:



My schedule for Life, the Universe and Everything (LTUE) at Utah Valley University is as follows: (All events are on Thursday February 9th)

11:00 AM: Middle-Grade Books for Boys
2:00 PM: Book Signing
4:00: Avoiding Cliché Like the Plague

I’m only able to attend one day, because I’m headed down to Arizona this weekend to perform in a couple of concerts. See the full schedule here:  http://www.ltue.org/LTUE_2012.html 

Stats:
My word count for the week: 10,005
Running Total: 65839
Monthly Percentage: 15.9%
Yearly Percentage: 12.8%

Writing Tip of the Week:
No matter what you do, don’t think that you can revise everything yourself.  The human mind is a strange thing, and sometimes it glosses over mistakes. Having another set of eyes on your writing will help you catch those crazy mistakes.

For example, my wife was reading through one of my manuscripts and came across a hilarious typo. Instead of saying, “He took off his hat and set it aside,” it read “He took off his head and set it aside.” 

This wasn’t supposed to be one of my science fiction or fantasy stories.

Writing Update:
I’ve crossed the 20,000 word mark on “Wandaful”, and it’s going wonderful. I’ve been working on getting “Prometheus Returns” where it needs to be to send out and continue to send out queries for “Starspire”.  I got a nice rejection letter from an agent this week who said that the manuscript had strong writing and a great concept, but that she wasn’t taking on anything else right now. She thought that it would find a home elsewhere.


“Canticle of Night” has reached over the halfway point and has been really fun.  Please take a moment to support it by clicking the ‘like’ button on the page.

If you want to listen to or read "Canticle of Night", please visit my page at http://www.bigworldnetwork.com/CanticleofNight.html

I'd love to know what you think about it!

Additional Resources:
You can find info on writing classes from OnlineUniversities.net.

Total Pageviews